Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Countdown

It's Sunday night. In exactly one week, I'm getting on a plane and flying to Las Vegas, Nevada.

I've never been there before. Never thought I would live there, but now I get to. I'm leaving my car here and leaving my boyfriend, John, to finish packing up the house. Then on February 6th I'll be heading back out here to Atlanta to pick him up, the remainder of our staff (after a brutal decluttering), and our two cats, China and Leon. We'll drive across the country to Las Vegas and our new apartment, which I'll be picking out.

Nine days from now I'll be thrown head first into what really happens at Cirque du Soleil. Cirque is, in my mind, the best performance company in the world. Working for them is my dream job. This is what I've been working towards for years. It's a big deal.

John is going to be setting himself up with an agent and applying to work all over the country. As a Stunt Guy, being closer to Los Angeles will certainly widen his work prospects.

It's scary and big and wonderful and terrifying and exciting. I can't believe that we are doing this!

Let the frantic packing commence!

No comments:

Post a Comment